Deep in the heart of the Sierra Nevada Mountains lays the incomparable Yosemite Valley. There, you’ll discover Half Dome, El Capitan, all 3 of North America’s tallest waterfalls, and the “Wild and Scenic” Merced River. It is such a wildly impressive natural landscape that it has earned its own nickname “The Incomparable Valley”. Join us here where we’ll follow in the footsteps of John Muir, feel the power of the waterfalls, and contemplate what it was like when this entire region was covered in ice thousands of feet thick. You’ll spend your days with your interpretive mountain guide, hiking and exploring on- and off-the-beaten path. Each day brings more highlights and plenty of photographic opportunities.
2024: $1295 per person
Explore Custom Trip Options
- 3 night stay in Upper Pines Campground in Yosemite Valley
- All group gear including stoves, cookware, water filters, group first aid kit, etc.
- Personal camping and hiking gear provided by request: backpacks, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, trekking poles, and tents
- Starting with dinner on Day 1 and ending with lunch on Day 4
- Backcountry gourmet meals including trail snacks
- Hot tea or coffee served each morning
A Few More Notes
Travel & Logistics
Your trip begins and ends at Upper Pines Camgpround in Yosemite Valley, CA. 30 days before the trip we will confirm the exact site number as part of your pre-trip email communication. Arrive by 5pm so you can meet your guides and group for your trip orientation. Plan for extra time to get to your destination, as traffic can be heavy in Yosemite Valley during the peak months of summer. Personal transportation is required for this trip. The last day of your trip will end at 2 pm.
Campgrounds cannot be confirmed until 120 days in advance. Thus, we cannot guarantee departures nor specific campgrounds until these reservations are in-hand and we highly recommend holding off on booking flights, etc until the campgrounds are confirmed.
Camping not your thing? We offer a lodge-based itinerary of this trip, instead of camping in Yosemite Valley, you would spend three nights at Curry Village. Your gude will meet you on the morning of Day 2 and you will be responsible for your breakfasts and dinners. Call or email us for more details
What's not included
- Personal clothing & footwear
- Transportation to Yosemite Valley
- Recommended 10%-20% gratuity for guides
- Trip Insurance
Michelle A, 2023
Fran S, 2014
Brent S, 2015