The high country lakes and peaks of the Ansel Adams Wilderness along the southern Yosemite border are truly spectacular. This trip takes you deep into a seemingly unspoiled subalpine environment where granite peaks, clear lakes, cascading streams, and wildflower filled meadows captivate all who travel here. Here, we spend the days fishing, swimming and hiking in this incredible lakes basin. This trip is for those with little or some hiking experience who would like to enjoy the dramatic landscapes of Southern Yosemite while traveling with a professional, friendly, and knowledgeable mountain guide. We’ll hike both on trail and off, venturing off the beaten track to visit places seldom seen by most visitors to Yosemite.
2024: $1195 per person
Price based on shared hotel occupancy
Single Room Supplement:
Requested $255, Forced $128
Explore Custom Trip Options
- 1st night’s lodging at the Pines Resort in Bass Lake
- 2 nights of wilderness tent camping (permits included)
- All group gear including stoves, cookware, water filters, group first aid kit, etc.
- Personal backpacking gear provided by request: backpacks, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, trekking poles, and tents
- Starting with lunch on Day 2 and ending with lunch on Day 4
- Backcountry gourmet meals including trail snacks
- Hot tea or coffee served each morning
A Few More Notes
Travel & Logistics
This trip begins and ends in Bass Lake, CA. Plan to arrive at the hotel before 6pm so you can meet your guides and group for your trip orientation. Transportation is not included in this departure, so you will need your own vehicle to get you to the Pines Resort as well as driving to and from the trailhead. We’ll return to Bass Lake between 2-3pm.
Training & Preparation
This is designed as a beginner-friendly experience. While we recommend putting in time to prepare for your trip, we often have people that are newer to backpacking join us.
We still recommend getting outside before your trip to hike in the shoes or boots that you plan to wear and feel comfortable with your personal clothing and gear. If possible, it’s also a great idea to do some hikes with a weighted pack on to prepare well.
What's not included
- Transportation to and from trailhead and lodging
- Personal clothing & footwear
- Dinner on the first night in Bass Lake
- Recommended 10%-20% gratuity for guides
- Trip Insurance (strongly recommended)
- Voluntary or involuntary evacuations
Jared R, 2019
Sam W, 2019