This unique departure is sure to please all of your senses, from aromatic craft beers to stunning mountain scenery! Our days will be spent exploring the rich mountain environment of the Ansel Adams Wilderness, located on the southern border of Yosemite Nations park. Here, you’ll find mile upon mile of sweeping granite ridges, spectacular vistas, wildflower-strewn meadows and a lifetime of fishing possibilities in hundreds of sparkling high mountain lakes via established on- and off-trail routes. There’s even the option of a peak ascent of one of the 10,000+ ft peaks making up the southern border of Yosemite! In the evenings, we’ll enjoy hand-crafted beers from the Southgate Brewery, including our own unique brew created just for this trip. You’ll have a chance to get some tips on brewing from the owner/brewmaster of Southgate during happy hour, as well as an insiders’ tour of the Brewery during the trip orientation. “Hopportunity” is knocking!
2023: $2495 per person
Price based on shared hotel occupancy
Single Room Supplement:
Requested $255, Forced $128
Explore Custom Trip Options
- 1st night’s stay in Pines Resort in Bass Lake
- 3 nights of wilderness tent camping (permits included)
- All group gear including stoves, cookware, water filters, group first aid kit, etc.
- Personal backpacking gear provided by request: backpacks, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, trekking poles, and tents
- Hand crafted South Gate Brewery beers daily
- Starting with breakfast on Day 2 and ending with lunch on Day 5
- Backcountry gourmet meals including trail snacks
- Hot tea or coffee served each morning
A Few More Notes
Travel & Logistics
This trip begins and ends in Bass Lake, CA. Plan to check in at the hotel after 4pm. You will meet your guides and group for your trip orientation at the South Gate Brewery in Oakhurst, CA. Transportation is not included in this departure, so you will need your own vehicle to get to the Pines Resort as well as driving to and from the trailhead. We’ll return to Bass Lake between 2-3pm.
About the packstock
Mules will be carrying all of our equipment and your personal gear into the basecamp. We will not be hiking with the mules- they we pass us on the trail, arriving to camp before us to drop off our gear and return back to their pack station. You will need to pack your personal belongings (not including tent, sleeping bag & pad) efficiently into one mid-sized compression sack or duffel as outlined in our pre-trip materials, weighing no more than 20 pounds. You are welcome to pack anything extra in your daypack.
Training & Preparation
This is designed as a beginner-friendly experience. While we recommend putting in time to prepare for your trip, we often have people that are newer to backpacking join us.
We still recommend getting outside before your trip to hike in the shoes or boots that you plan to wear and feel comfortable with your personal clothing and gear. If possible, it’s also a great idea to do some hikes with a weighted pack on to prepare well.
What's not included
- Transportation to and from trailhead
- Personal clothing & footwear
- Dinner on the first night in Fresno
- Recommended 10-20% gratuity for guides and 3% for packers
- Trip Insurance
Karen G, 2016
Chuck F, 2020
Kathy K, 2013