The high country lakes and peaks of the Ansel Adams Wilderness along the southern Yosemite border are truly spectacular. This trip takes you deep into a seemingly unspoiled subalpine environment where granite peaks, clear lakes, cascading streams, and wildflower-filled meadows captivate all who travel here. This trip is for those who want to get away from the crowds and who would like to enjoy the dramatic landscapes of Southern Yosemite while traveling with a professional, friendly, and knowledgeable guide. We’ll spend our days exploring this rich mountain environment, via established on- and off-trail routes. There’s even the option of a peak ascent of one of the 10,000+ ft peaks making up the southern border of Yosemite!
2023: $1295 per person
Price based on shared hotel occupancy
Single Room Supplement:
Requested $255, Forced $128
Explore Custom Trip Options
- 1st night’s lodging at the Pines Resort in Bass Lake
- 3 nights of wilderness tent camping (permits included)
- All group gear including stoves, cookware, water filters, group first aid kit, etc.
- Personal backpacking gear provided by request: backpacks, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, trekking poles, and tents
- Personal transportation required
- Follow guide in your own vehicle to remote trailhead and back on Day 2 and Day 5
- Starting with lunch on Day 2 and ending with lunch on Day 5
- Backcountry gourmet meals including trail snacks
- Hot tea or coffee served each morning
A Few More Notes
Travel & Logistics
This trip begins and ends in Bass Lake, CA. Plan to arrive at the hotel before 6pm so you can meet your guides and group for your trip orientation. Transportation is not included in this departure, so you will need your own vehicle to get you to the Pines Resort as well as driving to and from the trailhead. We’ll return to Bass Lake between 2-3pm.
Training & Preparation
This is designed as a beginner-friendly experience. While we recommend putting in time to prepare for your trip, we often have people that are newer to backpacking join us.
We still recommend getting outside before your trip to hike in the shoes or boots that you plan to wear and feel comfortable with your personal clothing and gear. If possible, it’s also a great idea to do some hikes with a weighted pack on to prepare well.
What's not included
- Transportation to and from trailhead and lodging
- Personal clothing & footwear
- Recommended 10%-20% gratuity for guides
- Trip Insurance (strongly recommended)
- Voluntary or involuntary evacuations
Leslie B, 2020
Yvonne Wu, 2020
Darren M, 2019
Sophie H, 2018
Francis S, 2016
James H, 2015
Trish I, 2015
Lou I, 2015
Phil F, 2015
Christina G, 2015
Reed M, 2013