Come enjoy a weekend of climbing and companionship in the high country of southern Yosemite! Rock Weekends are a great way to learn a new area, increase your skill set & technique, or make the transition from the gym to outdoor climbing while having fun with like-minded others. In the southern Yosemite high country we’ll have access to over 1,000 different routes of all styles and grades.
2023: $1195 per person
Explore Custom Trip Options
- 2 nights tent camping at a Sierra National Forest campground
- We supply all group camping and climbing gear (ropes, protection, stoves, cookware, water filters, group first aid kit, etc.)
- Personal rock climbing and camping equipment is available by request: rock shoes, harness, helmet, sleeping bag, ground pad, and tents
- Starting with dinner on Day 1 and ending with lunch on Day 3
- Backcountry gourmet meals including trail snacks
- Hot tea or coffee served each morning
A Few More Notes
About your guide
Our professional rock climbing guides have spent years perfecting their climbing skills in and around Yosemite and hold relevant certifications. All of our guides are exceptionally personable individuals who look forward to not only teaching and guiding you in these spectacular locations, but getting to know you as well.
Travel & Logistics
SYMG Rock Weekends begin with meeting your guide in Bass Lake, CA where you’ll have a brief orientation and introduction. Shortly after, you’ll can follow your guide in your own vehicle to the campsite where the group will be based for the duration of the trip. This quaint and rustic camp has basic amenities such as picnic tables, firepits and campground bathrooms. No shower facilities are available Personal transportation is required for all of our Rock Climbing offerings, and there is currently no public transportation option in our immediate area. Keep in mind that the minimum age to rent a vehicle in California is 21.
No experience required. We cater to all levels of physical and technical proficiency. However, a basic rock climbing class in the rock gym, reading rock climbing instructional books and watching rock climbing videos will all enhance your experience and lessen your learning curve.
What's not included
- Personal clothing & footwear
- Transportation to the rock climbing sites
- Recommended 10-20% gratuity for guides
- Trip Insurance
Vincent P, 2019
Jordan C, 2016
Terry S, 2016