Within the famously rugged landscape of the Southern Patagonian Andes lies one of the world’s most iconic national parks: Torres del Paine. The park’s vast wilderness is filled with spectacularly azure alpine lakes set amongst cascading glaciers, and soaring monolithic pinnacles standing above the undulating, golden hills of the Chilean steppe. Trekking through this pristine wilderness offers hikers unparalleled vistas of the granitic spires of Las Torres, the massive, ever-shifting Grey Glacier, and the dynamic hanging glaciers of French Valley. With luck, you will have the opportunity to witness these hanging glaciers calve, sending snow and ice crashing down the mountainside of the French Valley. These striking features are all situated along the established trails of the classic “W” route. SYMG’s Classic Torres del Paine unique itinerary provides the perfect balance of wilderness and luxury, traveling each day along the most scenic sections of the “W” route and sleeping each night at a comfortable lodge or refugio with hot showers and a warm beds. It is a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience.
2024: $4,995 per person
Explore Custom Trip Options
- 2 nights at Hotel Las Torres
- 1 night Refugio Los Cuernos
- 1 night Refugio Paine Grande
- 1 night Hotel Rio Serrano
All group gear including:
- water filters
- group first aid kit
- Van to and from the Punta Arenas Airport
- Ferry rides to trailheads
- Starting with lunch on Day 1 and ending with breakfast on Day 6
- Backcountry gourmet meals including trail snacks
A Few More Notes
About your guide
Friendly bilingual guide, with a passion for native flora & fauna as well as and local history & culture. All SYMG guides are professionally trained, hold advanced medical certifications and carry VHF handheld radios in case of emergency. Gratuities are accepted and appreciated for a job well done.
Collectively the SYMG guides and staff have years of experience trekking and traveling throughout Patagonia. National Geographic has named us “Best Outfitter on Earth” and we’re renowned for our unique itineraries, exceptional guides, small groups, and attention to detail. We also work closely with local staff in an effort to support the local economy and to make sure that you get the most out of your trip from start to finish. With SYMG, every Chile trip is the trip of a lifetime and this small-group departure to Patagonia’s most unique and undiscovered regions is one of our best!
Training & Preparation
To ensure the most enjoyable and successful experience out on the trail, we recommend a thorough training plan leading up to your trip, focusing on:
- Endurance, cardio, and aerobic activities
- Core and leg strength (don’t forget those abs and quads)!
- Day hikes (10-12 miles) or short overnight trips to train for both the physical and mental aspects of backcountry travel
- Cycling, running, step-master or stairs are great cross-training
- Include hilly terrain and steep climbs whenever possible
Looking for more tips? Check out our blog!
What's not included
- Airfare: flights to and from Chile, flights within Chile
- Personal gear
- Gratuity for guides (10-15% of trip cost)
- Trip insurance (highly recommended)
- Voluntary or involuntary evacuations
Russ & Karen S, 2018
Heather & Dave W, 2015