Take your skills and technique to the next level. Small groups, expert guides, scenic wilderness and lots of great climbing make for a memorable and well-rounded experience. In addition to lots of time on the rock, you’ll learn about placing gear, building anchors, professional safety standards, advanced climbing techniques, rescue skills, and multi-pitch systems.
2023: $1495 per person
Explore Custom Trip Options
- 3 nights of tent camping at a Sierra National Forest campground.
- We supply all group camping and climbing gear (ropes, protection, stoves, cookware, water filters, group first aid kit, etc.).
- Personal rock climbing and camping equipment is available by request: rock shoes, harness, helmet, sleeping bag, ground pad, and tents
- Starting with dinner on Day 1 and ending with lunch on Day 4
- Backcountry gourmet meals including trail snacks
- Hot tea or coffee served each morning
A Few More Notes
About your guide
Our professional rock climbing guides have spent years perfecting their climbing skills in and around Yosemite and hold relevant certifications. All of our guides are exceptionally personable individuals who look forward to not only teaching and guiding you in these spectacular locations, but getting to know you as well. Your guide will lead you through a teaching progression of skills designed around your current goals and objectives as well as our curriculum. Note that we do not facilitate actual lead climbing during our Rock Camp but can incorporate mock-leading as well as technique instruction.
Travel & Logistics
SYMG Rock Camps begin with meeting your guide in Bass Lake, CA where you’ll have a brief orientation and introduction. Shortly after, you’ll can follow your guide in your own vehicle to the campsite where the group will be based for the duration of the trip. This quaint and rustic camp has basic amenities such as picnic tables, firepits and campground bathrooms. No shower facilities are available. Personal transportation is required for all of our Rock Climbing offerings, and there is currently no public transportation option in our immediate area. Keep in mind that the minimum age to rent a vehicle in California is 21.
No experience required. We cater to all levels of physical and technical proficiency. However, a basic rock climbing class in the rock gym, reading rock climbing instructional books and watching rock climbing videos will all enhance your experience and lessen your learning curve.
What's not included
- Personal clothing & footwear
- Transportation to the rock climbing sites
- Recommended 10-20% gratuity for guides
- Trip Insurance
Katie B, 2016
Annette B, 2014
Marian Y, 2010
Jorge A, 2009