The high-country lakes, peaks, and passes of Yosemite are truly spectacular and on this 50 mile loop we’ll hike deep into the heart of this alpine environment. We’ll travel mostly on trail while topping out over 4 high mountain passes -including Red Peak Pass at 11,180′, the highest trail pass in Yosemite. Enjoying astounding views of Yosemite and the High Sierra in some of the least visited areas of the park make this trip yet another SYMG classic.
2024: $2495 per person
Price based on shared hotel occupancy
Single Room Supplement:
Requested $255, Forced $128
Explore Custom Trip Options
- One nights lodging at the Pines Resort in Bass Lake
- 6 nights of wilderness tent camping (permits included)
- All group gear including stoves, cookware, water filters, group first aid kit, etc.
- Personal backpacking gear provided by request: backpacks, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, trekking poles, and tents
- Personal transportation required
- Follow guide in your own vehicle to remote trailhead and back on Day 2 and Day 8
- Starting with lunch on Day 2 and ending with lunch on Day 8
- Backcountry gourmet meals including trail snacks
- Hot tea or coffee served each morning
A Few More Notes
Travel & Logistics
This trip begins and ends in Bass Lake, CA. Plan to arrive at the hotel before 6pm so you can meet your guides and group for your trip orientation. Transportation is not included in this departure, so you will need your own vehicle to get you to the Pines Resort as well as driving to and from the trailhead. We’ll return to Bass Lake between 2-3pm.
Training & Preparation
This is one of our more strenuous trips and is one that we do not recommend for those who are new to backpacking. Plan to carry a fully weighted backpack for 7 trail days without a resupply. It is essential to come prepared! To ensure the most enjoyable and successful experience out on the trail, we recommend a rigorous training plan leading up to your trip, focusing on:
- Endurance, cardio, and aerobic activities
- Core and leg strength (don’t forget those abs and quads)!
- Day hikes or short overnight trips with a weighted pack (30-35lbs) to train for both the physical and mental aspects of backpacking
- Cycling, running, step-master or stairs are great cross-training
- Include hilly terrain and steep climbs whenever possible
Looking for more tips? Check out our blog!
We strongly encourage having recent backpacking experience or practice before embarking on this trip. The most successful people on these trips have completed a previous backpacking trip carrying a fully weighted pack (35-40lbs) for 3-5 days. If you do not have this experience, we recommend having a comparable level of fitness and committing to a detailed training plan. you could also consider joining us on a “shake-out” trip prior to the Yosemite High Passes Loop.
What's not included
- Transportation to and from trailhead and lodging
- Personal clothing & footwear
- Dinner on the first night in Bass Lake
- Recommended 10%-20% gratuity for guides
- Trip Insurance (strongly recommended)
- Voluntary or involuntary evacuations
Earl H, 2017
Greg G, 2016
Jamie M, 2016
Mel B, 2016
John F, 2013