Costa Rica Multi-Sport Trip
Costa Rica Multi-Sport Adventure
As Seen on Motion TV
- About the Trip: Costa Rica is considered by many one the most beautiful and accessible eco-adventures in the world. World class jungle ecosystems, wildlife viewing, rafting adventures, beaches, highland volcanoes are just some of the fun to be had. There is so much to do in this country that it is hard to see if it all in one trip, but our 7-day adventure is designed to give you a wonderful slice of the people, the diverse beauty and wildlife, and the exciting adventures Costa Rica has to offer.
- Group Size: 4-15 participants.
- Grade: Leisurely-moderate hiking, sightseeing, river rafting, jungle canopy activities, etc.
- Meals: All meals included from Breakfast on Day 2 -lunch on Day 6. We are on our own for dinner on arrival on Day 1 and dinner upon return to airport hotel on evening of Day 6. Breakfast on morning of departure: Day 7 is included. Local food is quite good and inexpensive.
- Equipment: All equipment rentals for included activities are supplied.
- Accommodations: 2 nights will be taken at the comfortable and modern Hampton Inn at the airport upon arrival and return. Remaining 4 nights will be in authentic, clean, jungle eco-lodges.
- Costs of the Trip:
Cost: $1985.00 per person based on double occupancy lodging.
- $450.00 per person additional for single occupancy throughout the trip. Please note this is not always available at the small jungle lodges.
- Your Cost Includes: All daily guides (1 US based guide and 1 Costa Rican guide, transportation from morning of Day 2 from Hotel returning late afternoon Day 6 to Hotel) (unless other wise arranged), all adventure activities and associated equipment, meals listed above.
- Not Included: Flights to/from San Jose, Personal gear, alcoholic beverages, tips for guides (which typically range from 10-20% of trip fee split by the lead US and lead Costa Rican guide), and the 2 dinners listed above). Single occupancy request for hotels upon arrival and return to airport as well as in the lodges
- Preparation: The best preparation for this trip is to read up on Costa Rica and its history, geology, flora and fauna. Physically, walking and moderate hiking will also help on activities and travel fatigue.
- Day 1: Arrival into San Jose, Costa Rica
We will be meeting in the San Jose airport Hampton Inn on day 1. There is a free hotel shuttle, but you may have to call for it. It is also a short cab ride (1 mile $4). Hampton Inn. (No meals included).
- Day 2:Jungle Kayaking
6:30 am Pick up from Hampton Inn: We will get picked up in our own private air conditioned mini bus for an exciting drive up and over the mountainous-jungle encased highway before getting to our put-in for a day of scenic kayaking into the Tortuguero National Park. We will be taking breakfast along the way at one of our favorite local restaurants with typical Costa Rican cuisine. Lunch will be riverside prepared by our guides. You can expect to see at any time Caymans, crocodiles, exotic birds, turtles, iguanas, monkeys and if we are luck the mellow 3-toed sloths. After a few hours of kayaking, we'll hit the main canal, finishing off our day with a welcomed open-air jet-boat ride to our lodge. Happy hour includes swimming, a poolside bar followed by dinner at the lodge.
- Day 3: Tortuguero NP Kayaking
Today we will go with our naturalist guides for a more intimate paddle in the stable sea-kayaks through the more remote canals of the park. Today's morning paddle goes far beyond where the more common motor boat tours take place leaving us with a sense of authentic exploration for an up close view and interaction with Costa Rica's wildlife. Lunch will be taken back at the lodge where toucans and enormous iguanas are a common sight on the lush grounds. After a siesta we will boat over the canals for afternoon hike through the jungle canopy or a stroll through the remote and isolated village-town of Tortuguero. Evening time brings us to the black sand beach and a sunset walk as the sun sets on the Caribbean side of the country. (B,L,D included)
- Day 4: River Rafting into Rios Tropicales Lodge
Today we are going to leave the Mawamba Lodge via open-air motorboat to the take-out (approximately 2 hours), where our mini-bus will meet us to take us to the River Rafting center. The drive is about 2 hours and we will arrive in time for lunch at the operations center. After lunch, we will safely leave our extra luggage at the center with our rafting guide team and drive to the put in by early afternoon. We will then be in paddle rafts for the rest of the day on the Pacuare River. The Pacuare is a class III-IV river and is considered by all experts one the top 5 scenic rivers to raft in the world! We’ll be arriving to our river-side lodge by evening in time to grab a hot shower and change into dry clothes before our guide’s prepare a fresh Happy Hour on the open-air palapa over looking the Pacuare. Home cooked dinner to follow. (B,L,D included)
- Day 5: Jungle Canopy Tour
Today is a fantastic layover day with a jungle canopy Zip line course, hiking to waterfalls and swimming holes and just really enjoying a classic Costa Rica experience. (B,L,D included)
- Day 6: River Rafting & San Jose
Up in the morning and pack up the boats for a long 1/2-day of rafting Class III and IV exciting rapids to our take out. Our bus meets us again for the short drive back to the Operations Center, a shower, lunch and then we'll hit the road back to the capital of Costa Rica where we started, San Jose. (B,L included). Dinner on your own, which we typically take together, but inexpensive cost isn't included.
- Day 7: End of Trip
There is an included full breakfast at the Hampton Inn and free Hotel shuttle to the airport every 15 minutes. Flying in and out of San Jose is very with many daily, direct flights.(B included)